Thursday, November 11, 2010

We are going to Disney World (yes, again) in a few weeks! 

We will be going Dec 4 - 11th and using our Disney Vacation Club points to stay in a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs Resort.

The cast of characters will of course start with me and my amazing husband Greg. 


Going with us from Rochester are Greg's son Shawn, his beautiful wife (and our only and favorite daughter) Jamie, and our beautiful granddaughter Hayley, who happens to be turning 4 years old on this trip (Yay!!)

Here they are from our trip to Florida in May of 2009


Also, my son Michael is planning to join us from Atlanta.   Hopefully he will not have to cancel, but he is in the midst of possibly changing jobs (We'll know more by Monday).  This is a good thing, so if he has to cancel we will understand (and be disappointed at the same time!)  He is planning to ride the greyhound bus and bring his bike along, then ride it from the Orlando greyhound terminal to Disney World.  I know this is crazy, but he takes after his mother and obsessives over things (although certainly different things), so there is no changing his mind!


Since I am obsessive about just about everything I do, I have gone overboard planning what I hope to be an amazing trip!!  I wanted to share some of the craziness....

I have made an outfit for Hayley for each day of our trip.  Most are for a specific event each day...

For arrival day dinner with Mickey Mouse and friends at Chef Mickey's:
And her entourage will be wearing these:

Won't we make a cute picture all together?!!  I hope my family doesn't disown me before it's over. (Or before it starts?!)

If we aren't too tired after travelling today we may head over to the Magic Kingdom after dinner to see the nighttime light parade and the fireworks.

Next day (Sunday 12/5) is Hayley's 4th birthday and I know at least a couple of us (meaning the girls) are soooo looking forward to this day! 

We will be headed to the Magic Kingdom and at 2pm Hayley has an appointment to be transformed into a princess! (Actually she already is one but they will be doing her hair and nails to match!)  For the occasion I made a Belle dress that I think came out really beautiful, and hope will live up to the birthday girl's beauty:

After the makeover at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique (and many many pictures) we will be eating dinner in Cinderella's Castle with the princesses.  A day fit for a princess, if I do say so myself.  We will be done early and head back to our villa to rest tonight, as we don't want any royal birthday princess meltdowns on such a special day!

On Monday we will be headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios.  Here we will be having lunch at the 50's Prime Time Cafe and Hayley will be dressed appropriately in her "Pluto" skirt and bowling shirt:

On Tuesday we will be arriving early at Animal Kingdom for a breakfast with Mickey and friends dressed in their safari gear and we will all once again be dressed to kill.  Hayley will be the center of attention, and the rest of us will coordinate once again:

In the afternoon the guys are very excited to try playing golf at the Lake Buena Vista course.  The girls will have a leisurely afternoon shopping at downtown disney and perhaps lounging by the pool!

On Wednesday we will head back to the Magic Kingdom for rides this time, and dinner that evening will be at the elegant Grand Floridian Resort at 1900 Park Fare.  We will be dining with Cinderellla and Prince Charming along with Cinderella's Step Family.
Hopefully we will be on the steps good side when they see how cute Hayley looks in her step family dress:


On Thursday Hayley will be dressed for our trip around the World at EPCOT in her Small World Dress

This night we will dine at the Beach Club Resort enjoying the Cape May Clam Bake!  And hopefully have enough energy left to head back over to EPCOT to see the nighttime show Illuminations.

Friday brings us back to the Grand Floridian for breakfast to dine with Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland and then we are heading back to Hollywood Studios.  Hayley will be dressed for the movies in her filmstrip dress:

This dress is one of my favorites I've made so far and I can't wait to see her wear it in the parks!  Today the rest of us will be dressed in our favorite characters to go along with the filmstrip theme:


Sadly Saturday is our last day and we will be headed home this evening.  But since we have a late flight home we still have some plans!  First is breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian resort with Lilo and Stitch.  Hayley's outfit for today will once again fit the theme.  After breakfast we will head back to Animal Kingdom to see anything we missed.


I had originally planned on having Michael wear a Stitch t-shirt for this breakfast, but I had a bit of a mishap with the embroidery and ended up sewing the sleeve to the back of the shirt. Ugh!! To fix it I had to cut the sleeves off very short, so now I think I will end up wearing it, as it looks a little feminine with the shorty sleeves.  I have made a couple more extra t-shirts for Michael though so he is definitely not going to feel too bad about the stitch shirt, in fact he may be thankful, LOL.


That looks pretty ugly, but I think I salvaged it pretty well considering!  And I didn't scream or anything.

Doesn't Stitch look cute?  Too bad I messed up the shirt.

I'm planning some down time each day for rest and/or pool time, we will have to see how it goes.  I must try to be flexible and not overdo anything, but you know me!  Or if you don't you will if you continue to follow along!

Meanwhile I have also made a countdown calendar, an autograph book, a hair bow, an I Spy bag, and I am working on embroidering a sweatshirt for me.  I also ordered the most amazing hairbows for Hayley from a lady I found online.  More pictures of those later.

We are counting down... I think we are now at 23 days.. (the calendar is now with Hayley so I can't check to be sure!)



So that is more than enough for today.  If you made it this far, thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment