Monday, November 15, 2010

Travel Accessories - Disney Style

I had fun making a few accesories for our trip, and I learned a few things too.  First off, don't try to do a machine applique satin stitch on vinyl, unless your intention is to remove the vinyl.  As in it ends up cuttting it out.  So that is one lesson learned.  But I did eventually successfully complete my first I Spy bag and it came out cute.  I think I probably overfilled it with poly beads, another lesson learned for next time, it is a little bit hard to manipulate the beads around, but it works.


I also made a Crayon Art Folio.  I used a directional print and a fairly large print, both of which were probably not best for this purpose.  Then I used fat princess crayons to fill it, and it was designed for small crayons.  So the crayons barely fit in the pockets, and it pulls at the edges.  But if I didn't tell everyone my mistakes, maybe they wouldn't really notice.  It will serve it's purpose.



















So those 2 items are going in a bag of things to do on the plane to Disney, for Hayley I mean, although I am sure I will want to play too.

I also made an autograph book, using images that other people have created and shared on the internet.  I have access to print all I want on a thermal photographic printer at work and it is completely legal to use all we want, so I just printed them that way, and put a plastic binder on them. 




And then I also printed out invites to most of the meals we have planned and for the princess makeover at the Bibbidy Bobbity Boutique.



I think I may be done with all I wanted to do for the trip, and it is still almost 3 weeks away.  Of course I started on some of the clothes as early as Feb so I have had plenty of time.  And I may come up with more ideas before we leave.  I certainly won't run out of things to do regardless.

I also finally got around to making Greg an apple pie yesterday (Sunday).  He loves them and they are not hard to make, but I put it off anyway.  It is apple season and I just hadn't gotten around to it.  So I made one, and then wouldn't you know it the neighbor next door came over to give us a cheesecake/pie she made.  Good thing we were having my in-laws over for dinner last night because with just the 2 of us we really don't need 2 pies to eat. 

We are bringing the leftovers to Shawn and Jamie's tonight (Monday night) for dessert.  We are going over there for dinner tonight, as we need our Beaner time.  That is what we call Hayley - 'Beaner'.  Strange, I know but it is true.  And she calls us E-Pa.  As in E for Ellen and Pa for Grandpa and collectively we are E-Pa. 

And I will leave with that for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment