Tuesday, May 24, 2016


It is official!! 



This past weekend I finished the quilt top for the guest bedroom and I am in love!!

 I used a pattern called 9 patch bento box.   Here are the instructions if you are interested:
http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpatternsprojects/ss/Nine-Patch-Bento-Box-Quilt-Pattern.htm

It really wasn't that hard to make.  I was surprised that it didn't take longer.  The hardest part was sewing on and pressing the borders, as once the quilt was put together it was huge and hard to handle.  It kept wanting to pull itself off the ironing board as I tried to press it.  I ordered the backing fabric, and once it comes I will be shipping it down to Mom for quilting.  She bought the batting already, and will set it up on her quilting machine for me to see when we get down there for vacation in July.  So we won't be seeing it all put together until later this summer.  (I can't wait!!)

Meanwhile I need to make the valence out of the fabric you see hanging over the curtain rod in this picture.

We went to Hayley's dance recital on Sunday afternoon.  Hayley was in 4 dances plus the Daddy/Daughter dance with Shawn and Hayley together.  They did great!  After the recital we all wait to see her, and it seems so overwhelming for her, with so many people waiting and wanting a picture, handing her flowers and gifts.  I think she loves it, but she looked like a deer in the headlights to me.  We were afforded a quick picture with her, which I love. Her flowers go well with Greg's shirt and make for a nice colorful picture.  Beautiful blue sky too.  She is growing up so fast.


Shawn and Hayley are on the left below, dancing to Uptown Funk.  Great job Daddy!


Hayley and Hannah have been dancing together for 5 years already.  Don't they look so old in this year's picture? 





No comments:

Post a Comment