Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Disney Room

The Disney guest room is nearly complete.  I finished a simple window valance this weekend and mailed the quilt top and backing fabric to my Mom for quilting.  There is nothing more to do until I get the quilt back and do the binding!

Here is a picture of the valance, I used a tutorial I found on Craftsy... very easy!



And here is a link to the tutorial I used...

Also our grand dog Sitka had her puppies on Thursday (5/26/16).  
They are just the cutest things ever!  We saw them on Thurday night and again on Saturday.  They are doing great so far.  The one laying in the front in the picture below is my favorite, because of his color and because Greg calls him Crusty which I think is so funny.  Erik called him Rusty when he was born, and Greg immediately changed it to Crusty.  I have a strange sense of humor, but I love the name, and the puppy!  Too bad we really can't get a dog, because that little guy would be mine!  Isn't the cuteness almost too much to stand?


I was obviously very happy to get to hold them the day they were born.


I also sewed up a dress yesterday.  I had made a dress for a boutique launch a couple of weeks ago that I had not yet sold.  Someone contacted me wanting to buy it, but also wanting another one to match for a sister.  Great, but the catch was that she needed it by Friday and it is already Monday.  I (somewhat foolishly) agreed to do it, but had to complete it yesterday.  I managed to start around 3pm and completed it by 9:30pm, only taking a break for dinner.  Greg pointed out that it wasn't really worth it for what I charged her, but oh well, I enjoyed it and was glad to sell the first dress, and use up some more of my stash for the second one.




This pattern is the Josephine by Violette Field Threads.

A great 3 day weekend was had, and we got a lot accomplished.  There is always more to do though, so very much looking forward to our retirement!







No comments:

Post a Comment