Friday, April 15, 2011

A new obsession

Oh no, I can't afford another obsession.   But here it is... it just crept up on me.  I wanted to be able to make tags for my gifts that I send for the Big Gives.  I don't really know how it happened, but I went and bought a Cricut.  And then I fell in love.  And then someone told me about software you can get to make your own designs so you don't have to pay for cartridges.  And I fell deeper in love.  What is wrong with me?  I don't even have time to finish all the projects I need to sew.  And now I love cutting paper.  I have always known I am weird, as in different.

I know that I am not even really good at it yet.  I can't quite figure out how to glue everything together without getting some glue on the top of the designs, and I don't always set everything right to get it to cut cleanly.  And I am not creative enough (yet).  But I still love the idea of it.

I started out with 2 Disney cartridges (before I knew about the software) and I also have the font cartridge that came with it.  

Here you can see my glue on the top issue.  I bought a new glue stick and a glue pen after this.  Cute though.


You can make banners
 Tags
 Borders
 Mickey heads in all sizes
 A bow to turn a Mickey into a Minnie
 Greeting cards


And my new favorite, using the software to create my own designs


Next I need to get some fancier papers and get more creative, that is when I have the time.

In my spare time I made an Easter shirt for Hayley

Okay, off to sew up a crib set, a rag quilt, 2 appliqued t-shirts, 4 dresses, 3 outfits, a backpack, and whatever else comes to mind.  See you soon (I hope).

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I havent caught the cricut bug yet!!! Have you tried cutting fabric with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried cutting fabric yet, but I am told it can do it. I suppose it might come in handy to cut shapes for applique if there I can't get an embroidery design I want. So much to do, so little time, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every since we got your Emily card I've been thinking about getting a Cricut. Kaelyn's birthday is next month and I would love to do her invites, banner and party decor with one. I am totally new to all this. Would you say it is pretty user friendly?

    ReplyDelete